23.1.07

plans

My Europe plans are done! They are as follows:

Arrive in London on February 3rd. Spend a few days wandering around the city.
Fly to Amsterdam on the 7th, stay at one of the most famous hostels in Europe (the Flying Pig Uptown).
Hamburg on the 9th, stay with a friend there for two nights.
Take the train to Berlin on the 11th.
Take the night train to Vienna on the 13th (9 1/2 hours)
Night train to Rome on the 15th (12 hours!)
Train to Venice on the 19th (right at the tail end of Carnival).
Night train to Paris on the 22nd.
Paris for four nights, then back to London on the 27th.
Leave london on the 3rd of March.


That's what I call a whirlwind tour. I'm sort of scared...traveling alone to all of these places. I should come back with more than a few good tales, but I would say the excitement outweighs any trepidation I might be harboring. In the meantime, I'll be reading up on rudimentary Italian and French. Also, I should have a digital camera, and most hostels offer free internet (for ten minutes or so...) so I should at least be able to post some pictures so people can follow the madness.

Also, this week I'm planning on doing a few hikes, so expect some pictures of the bay area shortly.

Love to all,
-m

No comments: