14.2.07

Berlin, pt. 2

Change of plan:
I stayed in Berlin an extra night, I'm skipping Vienna to head a bit further south in an effort to get to warmer climates. In about half an hour I'm getting on a train to Florence, and I'm staying there for a night and then heading to Rome. Hopefully I can find a place to stay, because I don't have any reservations at a hostel there. Should be fun!
The rest of my stay in Berlin was amazing. Not just because the city was beautiful and alive, but because the people I met there were so much fun. I had the time of my life at the hostel last night just sitting and talking until 6 a.m., when the bartender finally turned on the lights on full and we were forced out. I would definitely like to return and spend more time here later on down the road.
Well, got to catch that train.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss you so much!
wont you come home after europe?
austin feels funny w/o you.
but, *sigh*, i'm glad you're having fun :)
besos,
your sister

Richard Sniff said...

imichael. my little perch outside the window just isn't the same without you. there was a crazy moon tonight. it was a crescent and a harvest moon at the same time and it was shining directly through a void in the limbs of the big tree behind my complex. CRAZY. It looked like an eye. I thought, man, michael would like that. you would have.

p.s. I've been playing a lot of slide guitar lately. gonna get a resonator i think...or maybe a steel guitar. thought you'd like to know.

p.p.s. clarinets falling through the sky - think about it.

Richard Sniff said...

imichael=michael

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked Berlin. Man, you really should return and then you will stay at my place. I will never forgive you going to Germany when I'm still here in Austin ... how unfair :)
Have fun!!!